Detailed Information for Reviewees
- To participate, you must access the reviews using Zoom via a laptop, desktop computer or a tablet. A phone would not be acceptable.
- You will need reliable internet access.
- Regardless of the number of reviews you register for, you must be available the entire day to accommodate the schedule of the reviewers. We will do our best to accommdate West Coast reviewees so that you will not need to be available during the earlier review sessions.
- We will send your final schedule for the day of reviews by March 30th. If you do not receive your schedule by this date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you enter the Zoom URL, you will be with other reviewers and reviewees until you enter your breakout room with your reviewer.
- To share your work with reviewers, you are encouraged to create a free gallery on the SDN platform. Below is more detailed information about uploading and managing your gallery on the SDN website.
- You may also use your own website to present your work, but it will not be eligible for the Reviewers Choice Award.
- The SDN website will allow for video. You will need to use embed code either from Vimeo or YouTube or you can share video directly from your computer.
- During the reviews, there will be public Zoom lounges where you can chat with other reviewees and discuss any technical issue with SDN staff.
Submitting your gallery URLs
You will need to submit the URL of your galleries no later than Sunday, March 27 at this link. We will share these links with the reviewers so that they have the option of looking at your work in advance. This will also make your galleries eligible for the Reviewers Choice Award (only available for galleries on the SDN platform).
How to upload and manage your gallery on the SDN website
- Please see this page for detailed information on uploading work to the SDN website. It is your decision as to how many images you upload, but 18-24 is a good number to consider.
- You have the option of showing the same gallery to all reviewers or showing a different gallery to each reviewer.
- You can get the URL of your SDN gallery by searching here.
- If you have questions or problems, please email us at email@example.com. We are here to help.
- Keep in mind that all exhibits submitted to the SDN website should be completed documentary projects. If your work is not complete, you may prefer instead to present work from your own personal website or other image sharing platform.
If you are unable to create an SDN gallery or you want to use your own
Please submit a URL to any web gallery as instructed above. These submissions will not be eligible for the Reviewers Choice Award.
What to expect during the day of reviews
- Please plan to login to each review five minutes before your scheduled time. You will enter a Zoom room with other reviewees and reviewers until you are placed in a breakout room with your reviewer.
- Once you are in a breakout room, the reviewer will determine the pacing and structure of the review. They will have the URL to the gallery you provided and will bring it up on their computer. Then they will share their screen so that both of you can view the images at the same time during the review.
- While you can only submit one URL in advance per reviewer, you may show additional galleries from SDN or your own website that were not submitted earlier. In such case, you will need share your screen with the reviewer since the reviewers will not have these images.
- You may ask the reviewers if you can record the meeting using your phone or digital audio recorder and it is up to them if it is OK or not.
- Both you and the reviewer will see a time warning. At the end of the review, the meeting will automatically end and you will be back in the general room with other participants.
- General hangout room and tech support room links will be posted later.
Reviewers Choice Award
At the end of the panel on Saturday afternoon, we will present the Reviewers Choice Award. To be eligible, you must have completed and submitted your SDN galleries by the deadline on March 27. All reviewers will have access to these galleries and will make their selection by 5:00 pm on April 2. The Award will be announced at the end of the panel at 6:30 pm. To be eligible for the Reviewers Choice Award, your gallery much be a live exhibit on the SDN website platform. Personal website galleries will not be eligible for this award.
The two winners will be selected and each will receive $150 and recognition on the SDN website.