Call for Entries
New! Selected Pandemic in Focus submissions will be featured in the fall issue of ZEKE magazine.
Deadline for entries to be considered for ZEKE: June 15.
There is no fee to submit work to this Call for Entries.
The work can explicitly reference the virus or it can be how individuals, families, and communities are living and coping with this new reality of social distancing, lost jobs, economic uncertainty, and starting to open up.
View Pandemic in Focus exhibits on SDN
May 2020 »
April 2020 »
SDN has always been on the forefront of presenting visual stories exploring global issues by an international network of documentary photographers. Our only criteria has always been that the work must be documentary. Today there is no greater global issue than the coronavirus pandemic as it wreaks havoc on communities throughout the world while these same communities come together to support each other in untold number of ways.
SDN is seeking visual stories by photographers from anywhere throughout the world to present their work on both the COVID-19 crisis and the solutions on the SDN platform.
What Pandemic in Focus means for photographers
- All new exhibits submitted to the SDN website will be absolutely free. Once approved, the exhibits will be live on the SDN platform for one year at no cost*. This is not only for exhibits related to the coronavirus, but for any new exhibits submitted to SDN. Click here to learn how to get started.
- SDN will feature select new exhibits in our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter feeds as well as in our email Spotlight.
- All work on the SDN platform is automatically considered for ZEKE when we begin looking for new projects to feature in the magazine.
- Selected exhibits on the SDN platform will be included in the new SDN Leads program, presenting exemplary work to leading photo editors from around the world.
* Standard rates will apply for renewals after one year.
How to submit your work to Pandemic in Focus
- Submit your project to SDN as you would any new project. If it is Covid-related, we will consider it for inclusion in Pandemic in Focus. If the work veers too far from the core documentary standards of SDN, we reserve the right to not include it in Pandemic in Focus even if we do accept it to the SDN website.
What Pandemic in Focus means for the public
- A single platform to view visual stories of the coronavirus pandemic from all parts of the world.
- A place to view stories not only of the hardships created by the crisis but also to view stories of how the global community is working together locally and internationally to overcome this pandemic.
- A place to share your thoughts using the feedback tools on all SDN exhibits.