assignmentLINK is a new initiative of SDN to match assignments with SDN member photographers. To apply, you must have at least one live exhibit on SDN and a completed profile page. After we launch our new website on October 28, this new initiative will be integrated into the new design.
Boston Nonprofit Seeks Videographer to Shoot Video in DRC
SDN's New Website Goes Live Tuesday, October 28
Join us a PDN PhotoPlus Expo October 30-November 1.
SDN is launching our redesigned website on October 28! We are able to do this because of the support of photographers such as yourself who have exhibited your work on SDN and from donors who have generously contributed to the redesign. Thank you for your support!
To complement the redesign, we are also changing our name from SocialDocumentary.net to Social Documentary Network (still known as SDN)! One reason we are doing this is to emphasize that SDN is more than a website. We are also a community that believes in the power of visual storytelling and the internet is just one of the many ways that we present the work of photographers in our community.
Please note the following changes and improvements that will greatly enhance your exhibits:
- The site is now completely responsive to your mobile and tablet devices for both viewing the site and managing your account and exhibits.
- Images featured on the home page are now larger to enhance the impact of your photography.
- The design of the home page is simplified to place greater emphasis on the photography.
- All exhibits now have option for full-screen mode*.
- Images now integrate automatically with Facebook.
- Photographer profile pages have been greatly enhanced. Each profile page will now have a large image from one of your exhibits. If you have a profile page, please review this image. You can upload any image you want if you do not want the default image featured. Also, the thumbnail representations of your other exhibits are larger and full frame. If you do not have a profile page, we encourage you to create one. Any photographer with a live exhibit on SDN can create a profile page. Click on the Profile tab in your account to create your profile.
- The search functions for exhibits and for photographers have been improved.
- The site now has much greater ability to present other information besides exhibits. This will allow SDN to communicate important information about events, exhibitions, competitions, and news about documentary photography.
- You will have easier access to your account from anywhere on the site and the ability to delete exhibits.
* You will only experience the full benefits of full screen mode with new exhibits submitted after the new site goes live. Older exhibits will not have the photos at the proper resolution to display larger in full screen mode.
To celebrate the new site, we are offering a 50% discount on new exhibits through November 10. Upon checkout, use this code: PDN2014
We hope you enjoy the new site. We look forward to your comments! Please feel free to post them on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/socialdocumentary
We also hope you can join us starting this Thursday at the PDN PhotoPlus Expo at the Javits Exhibition Center in booth #173 (shared with Digital Silver Imaging).