Danube Delta is world's third most bio-diverse ecosystem after the Great Reef Barrier and the Galapagos Archipelago. It is located in the east of Romania, where Danube river meets Black Sea. 80% of it is covered with water and marshland, leaving only 20% for more than 14000 Romanians, Lipovans (Russians) and Haholi (Ukrainians) scattered in 26 villages and one small town. The delta was oppressed by the communist regime who aimed towards intensive agriculture and was declared Biosphere Reserve in 1992 by UNESCO.
In the recent years, Danube Delta became a sad example of globalization and corruption, a broken paradise. A legacy of Communism, a man-made crisis of fish stocks, and problems of cultural identity are some of the issues that, linked together, make this paradise a God-forsaken place for some and a gold mine for others.
To license this work for editorial, creative, or other uses, click on the OZMO logo above.
This will take you to the Ozmo website where you can review the cost and license for the photographs in this exhibit.
You will need to create an account with both Amazon payments and with the Ozmo website as described on the Ozmo website.