How to Apply for a Scholarship
Each course taught with SDN Education has at least one spot reserved for a scholarship applicant. If accepted, the course fee for a scholarship position is between $0 and $100, depending on need as described in application.
- Scholarship applicants must be at least 18 years of age when the course begins.
- Applicant can be a resident of any country and be located in any geographical location as long as they can attend the classes during scheduled times.
- Applicant must have access to necessary technical equipment including computer, reasonably fast internet, and any software or other hardware required for the class.
- Applicant must have working knowledge of spoken and written English.
- If accepted, scholarship students are expected to attend all classes and do all work assigned by instructor.
- Applications for scholarship positions must be received three weeks prior to the start of class.
The following information is required to apply for a scholarship. Please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within three business days, please either send an email to inquire, or call 617-417-5981 during 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Eastern Time.
- Full contact information including name, address, phone, email, date of birth, and geographical location you will be taking the class from.
- Letter describing which class you are interested in applying for and why you are interested in the class.
- A link to an online portfolio relevant to the class you are interested in.
- Brief summary describing your financial situation that requires you to apply for a scholarship.
- Confirmation that you have the technical equipment and software necessary for the class.
All scholarship applicants, accepted or declined, will be notified no later than one week prior to the beginning of class. If the scholarship requires a fee, the fee must be paid at least 24 hours prior to the start of class.
SDN reserves to sole right to award scholarship applications based on factors of prior work, financial need of applicants, diversity needs of SDN, and other criteria.